Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Why Noise

I have not read of this but I have found that there is a constant blocking effort in my old ears to try and stop the humdrum of living of my fellow-men.

Is it really as simply put and accepted as "Survival"?

I ask.

What is it that we are all rampantly running to source quickly?  More questions come to mind.

Noise has become one of the major reasons for me not to be able to sleep in peace.

For years we believed living away from the city busy life, that we were close to paradise.
Then one day, during my convalescing times of 'resting' at home, I realised that sleep was disturbed almost every minute.  I wondered why when I was so on my own and yet, could not sleep.

For someone who never has difficulty knocking off to dreamland as soon as head touches pillow, I continued to suffer.  What was it that kept me awake, I had wondered.

Then it clicked.  It was the noise.  Yes, Noise... !

The generators from the neighbouring hotels, the huge trucks passing with loads through the highway and the music and merry-makers happy screaming.

It dawned and I have observed for a long long while now.

Why all this noise?

The commuters ruthlessly harping on their horns, people screaming carelessly, loud noisy trucks, generators, airconditioners, water pumps...  and the latest contributor to my agonies of suffering the heartless selfish living of all around me is the toddler from the apartment upstairs.  A little beautiful child who is taught how to scream by the maids.  The maids who come and thump their trash in a trash can which has seen better days, a 3ply piece of wood placed on the it and a huge brick block put on it so that the crows do not disturb their trash until it is taken away by the contracted wheelbarrow man who nevertheless drops parts of it at my doorstep which I have to later cleanup.

Mankind today,  how careless are we despite the accolades, graduation or the 'high' class we purport to maintain.

What a world to live in ...

ymnrk(c)

No comments:

Post a Comment